Recipe by Christine L.
These are like a little meal. Good in lunches, or for breakfast, or snacking.
Top Review by caSSius99
Thank you so much! I received a recipe similar, if not identical, to this about 20 years ago as a hand-out in a grocery store and loved the muffins. Unfortunately, I lost the recipe after making them only a time or two and have been in search of it for years. These are ideal snacks...both filling and flavorful. But if stored greater than 24hrs. (unfrozen) the broccoli flavor tends to overtake the muffin, therefore I only make (thaw) what will be consumed within a day.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked broccoli or 1 package frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, ham, onion, and cheese.
- In another bowl, beat eggs until foamy, then blend in the oil.
- Add the dry ingredients; beat until smooth.
- Stir in the broccoli mixture just until blended.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 for 20- 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve warm or cold.