Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A regular and fav of the kids, you won't believe how good low fat can taste.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, cut small
- 2 medium onions, cut small
- 3 stalks celery, cut small
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons good gravy mix (eg Gravox extra tasty)
- salt & pepper
- Put deep pan on stove top on medium high heat.
- Add mince, break up and slightly brown, this is more for breaking up the meat, so don't overdo it.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and 3/4 cup water with broken up stock cubes and turn down to medium low and let cook COVERED for about 30 minutes.
- you might want to check on it once or twice during that time and stir.
- mix the gravy mix with 1 cup water and, stir in and let thicken.
- Adjust pepper& salt.
- This goes well with cooked rice or over noodles.