An old family favourite for a Sunday night dinner or a weekend breakfast. It is a basic recipe. You can add anything else you feel like to this recipe to make it go further, for example, peas, carrots or beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500 g mincemeat (ground beef)
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- 1Heat butter or oil in a large pan, add onion and garlic.
- 2Sauté until onion is transparent.
- 3Increase heat, add mince and dash of Worcestershire sauce- stir often to break up the lumps of mince and cook until mince has browned.
- 4Drain fat or liquid residue.
- 5Add the crumbed stock cube, herbs, gravy powder, salt and pepper.
- 6Make sure the gravy powder is combined with the mince so it does not go lumped when the water is added.
- 7Slowly add the water to the mince mixture stirring all the time.
- 8Bring to boil, reduce to simmer and cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9If mince needs thickening add a little cornflour (ie 1 tsp) in water to the mix to thicken.
- 10Serve on buttered toast or with rice or mashed potatoes and steam vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Mince
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.0
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 227.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 61.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g