Recipe by Jade.
A loved Family dinner , Quick,Cheap & easy We like to add lots of different tastes and experiment a bit!! Also ingredients may vary in amount, if choosing to make for more people
Top Review by mia_03
Hi, thanks for this simple tasty savoury mince... Have to say, I knew you were Aussie, because of the vegemite... I did leave out tabasco and lemon, as I have my elderly mum living here.... will use this again.. thanks.. from another Aussie.
- 1 kg mincemeat
- 1 cup vegetables (of your choice)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons gravy mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (or to own taste)
- salt and pepper (to own taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 1 onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Mince and finely chopped onion.
- Drain Fat from mince.
- Add half of the water & vegetables.
- Cook 5 minutes on stove top on medium.
- Take off heat then.
- Slowly add the gravy powder and other half water whilst stirring inches.
- Add the rest of ingredients.
- Return the heat and simmer for 20 mins
- Serve with crusty bread (optional).
- Ta da!