Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 - Australia. The recipe is from a website named, Helen’s Kitchen. Some people add chillies to this salad, it all depends on your taste buds! It sounds wonderful either way to me. It is recommended that it be served with grilled or BBQed fish, pork or lamb for a very different gourmet meal. Please Note: Cooking time is setting time for flavors to blend.
- mango, ripe, firm
- 1 strawberry, pint
- 1 Spanish onion, small, red
- 1 tablespoon sugar, white
- 3 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 lime, juiced
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a jar & shake well and let stand while preparing the fruits.
- Peel and chop mangos into cubes, hull and slice the strawberries fairly thinly and thinly slice the onion into half round rings.
- Shake the dressing again and drizzle over the salad and gently toss.
- Cover & refrigerate until ready for use. Letting it stand for a few hours will help to develop full flavour.
We were all in awe of the colors in this salad, which blends sweet and savory flavors in a nice orange, purple and red balance. One member of our family doesn't care for onions and offered that they seemed odd in a fruit salad, but aside from that, they clearly belong. A touch of ginger completes it, and we think cilantro could be a nice addition as well. Made and very much enjoyed for ZWT8.