1/1 Photo of Savoury Lamb Mince (With Pomegranate Molasses)
Our son gave us a bottle of pomegranate molasses. I found this recipe while looking for ways to use it. It is really tasty, but a bit on the dry side. We used the baba ganouj as a sauce, and that worked really well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 kg lean ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 50 g toasted pine nuts (reserve a few to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in a pan, and add the onions and garlic.
- 2Cook over medium heat until golden and softened.
- 3Add the lamb mince, and cook until all the meat has changed colour and it it well browned.
- 4Add the remaining herbs and spices and mix through.
- 5Add the pomegranate molasses and pine nuts (remember to reserve a few), mix through the mince and leave to rest.
- 6Serve with oven toasted Turkish bread and Baba Ganoush.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Lamb Mince (With Pomegranate Molasses)
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.4
- Calories from Fat 642
- Total Fat 71.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 158.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: