Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
With a small amount of preparation, this is practically a one dish meal. Great served with some crusty bread. Recipe from Family Circle.
- 6 lamb chops, trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fruit sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- Season chops with salt & curry powder and slowly brown them in a frypan on both sides, place chops in a greased casserole dish.
- Addonion & bacon to frypan and cook until bacon fat starts to run, add celery, carrot and rice and stir until rice is lightly browned.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over chops.
- Combine stock & fruit sauce and pour into casserole, top with sliced tomatoes and season with salt to taste.
- Cover & bake at 180.C for approx 1 hour or until chops are tender.