Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cheese and tomato muffins, best served warm with a tasty soup!
- 1 lb self-raising flour
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter, chilled
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl, add a pinch of salt, and rub in the butter with your fingertips until combined. Stir through the oregano and cheese.
- Whisk the tomato pesto into the buttermilk and add 3/4 of the liquid to the flour mixture.
- Gradually stir in the remaining liquid to form a softish dough. Fill muffin cases with mixture and place a semi-dried tomato quarter on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Serve warm.