Recipe by Chickee
From Women's Weekly All Time Favourites. This has never stuffed up for me, my husband loves it. Australian cup measurements (250ml, 1T=20ml). I've also made a lighter version, can post if required.
Top Review by Sonya01
This was a really good lunch. It had both of my boy's favorites in it corn and bacon. We all enjoyed it and it reheated really well the next day for left overs. Made for RECIPE SWAP #40 - May 2010 in the Aust/NZ forum :)
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I've used lite and soy here)
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, rashers chopped (I prefer chopped ham)
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 130 g corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until browned, place bacon into a sieve and allow to drain. (I use chopped ham or bacon and just microwave it for a bit, then drain on paper towel).
- Oil shallow 23cm round flan dish. Whisk flour and milk in medium bowl until smooth; whisk in eggs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour mixture into prepared dish. Bake in moderately slow oven (160C, 325F) about 1 hour (60 minutes) or until set.