Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Women's Weekly All Time Favourites. This has never stuffed up for me, my husband loves it. Australian cup measurements (250ml, 1T=20ml). I've also made a lighter version, can post if required.
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I've used lite and soy here)
- 3 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, rashers chopped (I prefer chopped ham)
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 130 g corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Fry bacon until browned, place bacon into a sieve and allow to drain. (I use chopped ham or bacon and just microwave it for a bit, then drain on paper towel).
- Oil shallow 23cm round flan dish. Whisk flour and milk in medium bowl until smooth; whisk in eggs.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour mixture into prepared dish. Bake in moderately slow oven (160C, 325F) about 1 hour (60 minutes) or until set.
This was a really good lunch. It had both of my boy's favorites in it corn and bacon. We all enjoyed it and it reheated really well the next day for left overs. Made for RECIPE SWAP #40 - May 2010 in the Aust/NZ forum :)
i love this very simple always works
Very tasty indeed! Made for brekkie today and it was so easy to rustle up for a quick and easy filling meal, before we went out to cut wood! I may omit the sweetcorn next time, as we were not sure about the addition of them in this recipe, just personal taste - we LOVED the bacon, cheese and shallots however! Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap #35. Thanks! FT:)