1/1 Photo of Savoury Glazed Chicken
1 hr 15 mins
Absolutely delicious! Crowd pleaser. I have made this a few times for guests and I always had to write out the recipe. My grandfather is diabetic so I substituted dill relish for the sweet relish, pure fruit spread for the jam and Brown Sugar Twin for the sugar. *I only use skinless, boneless chicken breasts, but the original recipe calls for thighs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce or 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1Arrange chicken in an aluminum foil-lined, greased 3 quart (3L) casserole dish. [Thanks for reminding me Pennynickle ;) ].
- 2Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, relish, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- 3Stir in onion soup mix, jam and brown sugar.
- 4Spoon sauce over chicken pieces, covering all chicken.
- 5Bake uncovered for an hour at 350°F (175°C).
- 6Baste half way through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.2
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 228.6 mg
- Sodium 1524.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 72.5 g