Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This just calls brunch to you in a come hither voice. It has all of the classic breakfast favorites in one quiche pan.
- shortcrust pastry (enough to line a 10-inch - 25 cm flan or quiche pan)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk (1/2 pint - 250 ml)
- 5 slices lean bacon, cut into large pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (15 ml)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (200 gm)
- 1 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- parmesan cheese
- Line quiche dish or pie plate with pastry.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk and seasonings.
- Fry onions and bacon in the oil until onions are soft and translucent.
- When cooled, spread the bacon/onion mixture onto the pastry.
- Spread the grated cheese evenly over the bacon/onion mixture, followed by the liquid ingredients.
- Add sliced tomato and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F or 180°C for 35 - 40 minutes.
This is a tart. Not a flan.
I made this for my kids for dinner tonight, and they LOVED it! I made exactly as posted, although, I did have to bake it for a little longer. It was simple and quick to put together, I will be making this again! [Made for PRMR]