Recipe by looneytunesfan
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Very nice! I used some very thick tuna steaks, so they took longer to cook. Maybe this goes without saying, but be sure to salt and pepper your raw steaks before adding the toppings. Also, I didn't blanch the tomatoes (to cut down on time) and I used 2x as much onion as called for in the recipe. Yum!
- 4 fish steaks (hapuka, tuna, kingfish)
- 4 tomatoes, blanched and sliced
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place in a baking pan.
- Wash and pat fish steaks dry.
- Arrange tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with vinegar.
- In a bowl combine breadcrumbs, onion and butter.
- Spoon this mixture on top of tomatoes.
- Cook at 200 C or 350 F for approximately 20 minutes or until fish is cooked through.