Recipe by kiwidutch
Posted for RecipeZaar World Tour 2006, this is a recipe adapted from the small community cookbook from Dixon House on the West Coast, South Island of New Zealand, now sadly out of print. Serving size and prep. time are guestimates.
Top Review by Boomette
This brings out so much flavor for plain fish. I used regular basil. I omitted the salt. I used a mix of cheddar cheese and provolone cheese. It gave a great taste to the fish. I used dried parsley as I didn't have fresh. Thanks Kiwidutch :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets (680 grams)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce butter, melted (28 grams)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish into a lightly geased baking dish.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, basil, salt and parsley.
- Stir together tomato sauce, lemon juice and melted butter.
- Mix the crumb mixture into the melted butter mixture and spread evenly over the fish.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 379 F (180 C ) for 30 minutes.