Recipe by **Mandy**
I got this recipe from my old home economics cookbook. I had a look at the other stuffed tomato recipes but there was nothing close. This is an extremely simple & tasty side dish.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
This made for a nice side dish. It had nice flavor but just seemed to be missing something for me. Nice and healthy though, which is always appreciated. Thanks for posting. Made for Zaar Staars.
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon bacon, pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3 dashes pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a slice from the top of each tomato and reserve, scoop out the centre of each tomato & chop.
- Fry bacon & onion for 1 min, add parsley & breadcrumbs, pepper, butter and tomato centres, mix together over heat for another minute.
- Refill tomato cases and replace tops.
- Bake at 180.C for 15-20 minutes.