Recipe by Barnacle B.
While seeking a unique homemade pasta that would stand up to bold dishes like Osso Bucco or Lamb Shanks, I decided to add chocolate to the mix. Often thought of as only being used in sweets, chocolate has a savoury side that creates deep undertones of flavour.
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semolina flour
- 1⁄2 cup white flour
- 2 tablespoons fry's cocoa powder (or other)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and cocoa powder to consistent blend add additional cocoa powder for darker colour.
- Form well and crack eggs into well.
- Mix dough adding additional flour to reach playdough like texture.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and let rest in fridge for 1 hour.
- Using pasta maker, roll dough sheets to desired thickness and then cut into fettuccine or your favourite shape.
- Boil in salted water until pasta floats.