Top Review by marcoandrita
Excellent - we loved the moist meat and great flavor. I marinated a turkey tenderloin two days, wrapped it in foil and baked for 40 minutes. Let it rest for a bit. Save the drippings from the foil wrapping for a side dipping sauce- my husband's favorite, which it does not need. Loved it.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed (powder works too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon anise
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together.
- Makes 1 cup; should have 1 cup for each 2-3 lbs of turkey.
- Marinade between 4 and 24 hours depending on thickness of turkey.
- For a turkey I do overnight and at least 24 hours.
- I baste often and will inject marinade under the skin and into the meat with my baster.
- This is a BBQ recipe using either a BBQ rotisserie or just treating the BBQ like an oven.
- I always baste during the grilling process.
- Just cook till the turkey registers done with a thermometer.
- Cook at least 20 minutes per lb.