Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of those dishes that reaps in way more compliments in relation to the effort (what effort?) that went into making it. So good with a mixed greens salad and a rice pilaf. This is also really good on the grill - baste with the marinade a couple of times. Then I like it with cole slaw and corn on the cob.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Arrange chicken in large shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 360F (175C).
- Bake chicken in marinade until just springy to touch, basting 2-3 times with marinade, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Strain marinade into saucepan.
- Boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Serve sauce with chicken.
A very good old-standby at our house. I have never reduced the gravy though - just use as is served over rice. Also, we add a can of mushrooms.
Very tasty chicken!! The only thing different is that I used white wine and marinated overnight, but the results were quite tasty. I cooked it on the grill and served it with white rice and swiss chard fresh from the garden and it was a great combination. The sauce was also great on the rice! Thanks Evelyn!
How can one go wrong with red wine, soy saud and ginger? Minimum effort for max result. Thank you, Evelyn