Recipe by evelyn/athens
One of those dishes that reaps in way more compliments in relation to the effort (what effort?) that went into making it. So good with a mixed greens salad and a rice pilaf. This is also really good on the grill - baste with the marinade a couple of times. Then I like it with cole slaw and corn on the cob.
- 8 chicken breast halves
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup firmly-packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange chicken in large shallow baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 360F (175C).
- Bake chicken in marinade until just springy to touch, basting 2-3 times with marinade, about 40 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Strain marinade into saucepan.
- Boil until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes.
- Serve sauce with chicken.