1/8 Photos of Savoury Cheese & Walnut Sables for Cocktails and Parties!
French Tart's Note:
These delicious crisp and light little savoury biscuits/crackers are a firm favourite in our family, especially when served with the cheese board! They are also great served with soups, dips, & salads. I have used pecans instead of walnuts in the past with the same tasty results. You can omit the chilli or cayenne pepper if you are not keen on the spicy "kick" it gives! They are very nice at Christmas time if you cut them into star shapes & serve them as aperitif snacks, or with cocktails.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flours, salt, pepper & chillies into a bowl together & mix.
- 2Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- 3Add the cheese & walnuts - mix well.
- 4Add the beer or milk - mix into a dough.
- 5Chill for 30 minutes.
- 6Roll out on a floured board and cut into small rounds.
- 7Place on a greased baking (cookie) tray and bake in pre-heated oven 180C/360F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown & crisp.
- 8Sprinkle with seasoning salt or Cayenne pepper if you wish.
- 9Cool on a wire rack and store in airtight tins.
- 10Serve with cheese, cream cheese & savoury fillings & dips, or just by themselves!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Cheese & Walnut Sables for Cocktails and Parties!
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 245.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 10.7 g