Recipe by tamed_tigress
This is a gorgeous, mellow sandwich filler I have discovered in Britain and got absolutely hooked on! It's a very savoury and cheesy filling with a lovely melt-in-the-mouth texture which makes it the ultimate comfort food. Attention - some people my find this quite smelly, but it's worth it!
Top Review by Lucy C.
I left out the mozerella and just used the other two cheeses. Delicious and tastes just like what you would get in your sandwich filler from the shops. Like the idea of adding carrot and red pepper, might try that next time
- 50 g grated cheddar cheese
- 50 g grated red leicester cheese
- 50 g grated mozzarella cheese
- spring onion, finely diced
- onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- mix the cheeses in a bowl.
- add mayonnaise to desired creamyness (don`t be too skimpy, though!).
- Add pepper and salt, finely diced spring onion and finely diced onion in quantities that suit you.
- You may omit the Red Leicester and Mozzarella Cheese and use only Cheddar or similarly strong cheese.
- This tastes best if made the day before and not served straight from the fridge.
- Can be used as filler for sandwiches and baked potato (traditional), but is also gorgeous as a dip for vegetable crudities.