chef #326374's Note:
This is a gorgeous, mellow sandwich filler I have discovered in Britain and got absolutely hooked on! It's a very savoury and cheesy filling with a lovely melt-in-the-mouth texture which makes it the ultimate comfort food. Attention - some people my find this quite smelly, but it's worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1mix the cheeses in a bowl.
- 2add mayonnaise to desired creamyness (don`t be too skimpy, though!).
- 3Add pepper and salt, finely diced spring onion and finely diced onion in quantities that suit you.
- 5You may omit the Red Leicester and Mozzarella Cheese and use only Cheddar or similarly strong cheese.
- 6This tastes best if made the day before and not served straight from the fridge.
- 7Can be used as filler for sandwiches and baked potato (traditional), but is also gorgeous as a dip for vegetable crudities.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savoury Cheese - Traditional British Sandwich Filler
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 94.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.7 mg
- Sodium 166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red leicester cheese