Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This pie will fill your house with the most delicious savoury fragrance. It's a family favourite of one of my co-workers.
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄3 cup romano cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 eggs
- 4 fluid ounces milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Grease a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Combine potatoes with all but 1/8 cup of onions and press the mixture into pie plate to form a crust.
- Sprinkle crust with pepper, Romano cheese and garlic powder, then dot with spinach and feta cheese.
- Top evenly with cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and pour over pie, working from edge to middle.
- Position reserved chopped onion on top of cheddar cheese in center of pie; sprinkle parsley flakes in a ring around the onion, then sprinkle paprika around parsley to make an outside ring.
- Bake at 325°F until lightly browned, approximately 1 hour and be prepared for everyone to ask,"What smells so good?
- "Cool, cut into six slices, then microwave 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve with a tasty mild salsa.