Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Mmm, I had cravings for rice and this really satisfied it! Healthy and so easy to make!! So give it a try!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, blanched and chopped
- 2 cups liquid chicken stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25 g butter
- Put rice, bacon, half the green and red peppers, tomatoes, stock, onion, garlic, salt and pepper into an oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid or foil.
- Cook at 180C for 1 1/2 hours or until rice is tender.
- Stir halfway through cooking.
- Just before serving, stir in butter and remaining red and green peppers.
This was very nice! I've been eating it for lunch and dinner for days! I added some steamed chicken breast into it after it was cooked and tasted great. I was lazy and didn't blanch the tomatoes just cut them up and chucked them in but was quick and easy next time I might even leave the butter out as I dont think it needed it and to make it a bit more healthy again.Thanks for a great recipe