Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
(a/k/a cookies) Serve these with a selection of cheeses before or after dinner.
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces Stilton cheese (may substitute blue cheese)
- 2 ounces double Gloucester cheese, grated (may substitute cheddar)
- 6 ounces crunchy peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ingredient weights are DRY weights, not fluid ounces.
- Place flour and mustard in a bowl.
- Add butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in cheeses, and then add the peanut butter and egg and mix well.
- Roll out on a floured work surface to ¼ inch thick, cut out with a 2 inch biscuit cutter or into assorted shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets and bake at 200ºC/ 400ºF/ Gas Mark 6 for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Store in an airtight container or cookie tin at room temperature.