Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but I am certainly looking forward to doing so! It looks like something you could add anything that you choose too!
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Put the onion, tomato and basil into a 1-litre ovenproof dish. Stir in the olive oil to coat the vegetables and season well with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with foil and roast for 1/2 hours or until the vegetables are coloured and caramelised but haven't dried out.
- Blend the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper and strain through a sieve into a large jug.
- Put the bread cubes into the egg mixture, stir well and leave to soak for at least five minutes.
- Pour the bread and egg mixture into the oven dish with the tomatoes, stir well and bake for 35 minutes, until the custard has set and the top is beginning to brown.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Made as per recipe. This recipe has potential, but if I was making it again I'd use less bread and add additional seasoning. Maybe Parmesan Cheese would give it a bit of a zing. I'd also add a couple of tblsps of flour to the agg mixture to give it a more quiche like texture. MAde for Aussie / Kiwi Swap 40. May 2010