Recipe by Olha
These are addictive! Serve with soup or make them smaller and serve with a glass of wine.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, chopped
- 4 cups Italian cheese blend, grated fontina, mozzarella, Asiago, provolone
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, cayenne, pepper, rosemary, cheese, and both seeds. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing just enough to combine.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, shape into a 5-by-16" rectangle, about 1" thick.
- Bake in a preheated 275 F oven for 40 minutes until firm and golden.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool at least 15 minutes, and then cut diagonally at 1" intervals using a serrated knife.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Dishing - Calgary Women Cook.