Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
These ribs are mouth-watering. You can also cook in a slow cooker once sauce and onions are added (medium heat for 6-8 hours).
- 4 -5 lbs spareribs, trimmed,silver skin removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon creole seasoning (such as Zatarain's)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (above can be substituted with your fave seasoning mix)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 bottles favourite barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare ribs (remove fatty skin- cut into one rib servings).
- Mix together garlic powder, creole seasoning, pepper, seasoning salt, onion powder in baggie.
- Sprinkle seasoning over ribs, tossing to ensure each piece is coated.
- Dry roast ribs in large roasting pan (I use disposable foil) for 1-1/2 hours Remove pan and drain all fat.
- In same roaster add onions, BBQ sauce and honey.
- Toss all ingredients with ribs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1/2- 2 hours, covered with foil.
- Meat will be falling off the bones at this point!
Emilyrae, Just got finished making ribs with your recipe and they were very tasty,thank you!