Recipe by Lori Mama
This is a recipe from Ricardo and Friends on FoodTV Canada
Top Review by WiGal
Very good! Served this with squash soup for a nice lunch. I did not have parsley so instead put in a sprinkle of crushed fennel seeds. My apples were not tender in 20 minutes more like 30. Thank you Lori for sharing. Made for Everyday Is A Holiday game.
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 slices of thick cut bacon, cut into cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 breadcrumbs, fresh
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 3 mcintosh apples
- 1⁄2 c.grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the onion and bacon in the oil.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Deglaze with the broth and reduce for 1 minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- On a cutting board, cut the apples in half horizontally.
- Using a melon baller, remove the core.
- Place the apples cut side up on a baking dish.
- Cover the apples with the onion and bacon mixture.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake until the apples are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Broil until the cheese begins to brown.