Recipe by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
This savoury bake with blue cheese, ham and eggs is an excellent combination for a delicious mix. Serve as a brunch dish or as a light lunch with salad. This recipe appeared in one of our local newspapers.
- 4 slices white bread
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces smoked ham slices, cut into thin strips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk, homogenized
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut each slice of bread into four triangles and then dip into melted butter.
- Arrange dipped slices of bread in a greased 13" x 9" oven-proof casserole dish.
- Scatter over with crumbled blue cheese and strips of ham.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs together with milk, salt and pepper and pour over the bread, ham and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until risen and top is golden brown.
- Serve while still hot.