Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 small red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 small yellow peppers, halved and deseeded
- 7 ounces cooked long-grain rice
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- fresh basil leaf, for garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the pepper halves in a lightly oiled ovenproof dish.
- Mix the rice, anchovies, garlic, oil, tomatoes and chopped basil together.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the peppers are cooked.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves.
- Serve one red and one yellow half to each person.
I had never made stuffed peppers with anchovies before. I used regular rice and bonapetite seasoning McCormick, along with the basil. I cut the peppers in half horizonally and leave the stem end in on one half, then you have nice cups. I also put the peppers in boiling water for a few minutes.I used the large red and yellow peppers. Very good. Now I will make with cooked barley instead of rice and see how it turns out.Thanks for posting.