1 hr 5 mins
From Clabbergirl.com comes this wonderful way to make your zucchini bread! These loaves are great to give away in their mini form, or keep some in the freezer to keep as quick hors d'oeuvres along with some nice cheeses. In larger form, they’re great for gatherings and potlucks. Enjoy! :)
My Private Note
mini lo ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pan spray the loaf pans or brush them with olive oil (either 6 3x5 loaves or 12 2x4 loaves).
- 2In a large bowl using a whisk, combine the flours, baking power, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In the center of the mixture, make a well and add the oil, beaten eggs, buttermilk, honey, rosemary, thyme, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, and the grated zucchini. Stir together in the bowl with a wooden spoon, but do not overmix (you don’t want the dough to become tough).
- 4Evenly divide the dough between the prepared pans, then top with the reserved 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes clean (baking times will vary according to ovens, altitude, and sizes of pans).
- 6Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- 7Makes approximately 6 3x5 loaves or 12 2x4 loaves.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Zucchini Parmesan Bread
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 669.8
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.6 mg
- Sodium 1681.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g