Recipe by Dee Licious
A delicious recipe I whipped together for a tasty low carb lunch for my DH and me. It's savory not sweet and satisfied my craving for something different than the same old thing for lunch!
Top Review by Johnsdeere
I made these tonight as a side to hamburgers and hot dogs and we ate them with ranch dressing. I initially made these large, and they didn't turn out so well. The second batch I made them no larger then the size of my palm and cooked them at medium heat and they turned out terrific. I definately will make these again!Thanks for a nice low carb side, they are hard to come by. :)
- 4 cups zucchini (grated, skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour (can use regular flour if you're not low carbing it!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or less depending on your love of garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate Zucchini.
- Put in colander in sink and let sit for about 30 minutes to drain.
- Squeeze out remaining liquid.
- Transfer grated zucchini to a large bowl.
- Chop onion and add to zucchini.
- Add beaten eggs, soy flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Form into pancake sized rounds in buttered frying pan or griddle and gently flatten with spattula.
- Cook (flipping once) on Medium/medium-low until golden brown on each side.
- Keep warm in 250 degree oven (on a plate) until all are finished.
- Serve with sour cream as main dish or side dish.
- We warmed up some sliced ham in the frying pan and served with the pancakes for a tasty and filling low carb meal!