Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious recipe I whipped together for a tasty low carb lunch for my DH and me. It's savory not sweet and satisfied my craving for something different than the same old thing for lunch!
- 4 cups zucchini (grated, skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour (can use regular flour if you're not low carbing it!)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or less depending on your love of garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Grate Zucchini.
- Put in colander in sink and let sit for about 30 minutes to drain.
- Squeeze out remaining liquid.
- Transfer grated zucchini to a large bowl.
- Chop onion and add to zucchini.
- Add beaten eggs, soy flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Form into pancake sized rounds in buttered frying pan or griddle and gently flatten with spattula.
- Cook (flipping once) on Medium/medium-low until golden brown on each side.
- Keep warm in 250 degree oven (on a plate) until all are finished.
- Serve with sour cream as main dish or side dish.
- We warmed up some sliced ham in the frying pan and served with the pancakes for a tasty and filling low carb meal!
I made these tonight as a side to hamburgers and hot dogs and we ate them with ranch dressing. I initially made these large, and they didn't turn out so well. The second batch I made them no larger then the size of my palm and cooked them at medium heat and they turned out terrific. I definately will make these again!Thanks for a nice low carb side, they are hard to come by. :)
I really liked these. I served mine with low carb ranch dressing. Thanks for sharing. I was started to get bored. This will be great next summer with all my fresh zucchini. I used some shredded zucchini that I frozen from last summer. It was a comination of zucchini and yellow squash.
Delicious! Very tasty. My boyfriend and I loved them!