Recipe by nvermd
Instead of a sweet bread, this is another good way to use up extra zucchini
Top Review by Mary Ann in midwest
Just took the bread out of the oven about an hour ago. The family is going by taking samples of it to taste and giving it a thumbs up. It was very easy and quick to make following the recipe and making no changes. It will go nice as a bread with a spaghetti dinner. It is a nice way to use the zucchini other than making it as a sweet bread or cake. July '04
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup toasted chopped almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, melt butter.
- Cook onion until soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix onion mixture, bisquick, herbs, milk and eggs; beat on high for one minute.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread in greased and floured 9" round pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and remove from pan.