Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've just been given this simple recipe and can hardy wait to try it!
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 dash red peppers or 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
- Mix all ingredients, adding zucchini last after other ingredients are well mixed.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
fabulous! used to make this all the time when I was younger and completely lost my recipe! I did not put any cheese in my due to dairy restraints on my family and this recipe did not require any substitutions...still came out great! I would bake this in a smaller pan next time. I would try the 8 x 8 glass pan for a bit thicker piece.
I didn't have onion, so I used some green onions I had laying around and added a jalapeno pepper for some spice instead of tabasco and completely omitted the seasoning salt and came it out great. Though, I would say its like a cross between a bread and quiche because of all the egg.
If you think it is good fresh from the oven, you should try it cold from the refrigerator at two in the morning. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!