Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from the retreat house called Hollyhock here in British Columbia. If you want to change the fresh chili...use 1 tsp ground. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole cumin seed
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups grated yams, the orange ones
- 1 cup grated onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons freshly diced red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Toast cumin seeds in frying pan until brown and fragrant.
- Whip eggs; add all other ingredients.
- Drop by spoonful onto a large lightly oiled frying pan and cook slowly on each side until very golden, about 25 minutes.