Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is from TOH and is a recipe for the crockpot.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup cut green beans
- 1 cup potato, cubed and peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onions and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to 5qt slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours or until heated through.