Recipe by That is Dr House to you
An alternative to the bland crackers served with wine. No they do NOT contain wine. Serve with your favorite pate. From Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner
- 10 ounces cheese, see note
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cheese to be used is a Triple-cream such as St Andre. Soften to room temperature.
- Mix the cheese, butter and garlic in a bowl. Add the salt and flour and beat until smooth. Roll into a cylinder 2 inches in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch rounds and bake on ungreased sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool on wire wrack. Store in airtight container. Will keep 1 week.