Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
An alternative to the bland crackers served with wine. No they do NOT contain wine. Serve with your favorite pate. From Mostly Vegetables by Susan Costner
- 10 ounces cheese, see note
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cheese to be used is a Triple-cream such as St Andre. Soften to room temperature.
- Mix the cheese, butter and garlic in a bowl. Add the salt and flour and beat until smooth. Roll into a cylinder 2 inches in diameter, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice dough into 1/4 inch rounds and bake on ungreased sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned at edges. Cool on wire wrack. Store in airtight container. Will keep 1 week.