Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Sourced from: "Zopf (Swiss Egg Bread)" in "The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook" by Beth Hensperger
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon gluten, plus
- 1 teaspoon gluten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons saf yeast or 2 3⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the manufacturer's instructions. Set "crust" on "medium" and program for the "Basic Cycle"; Press "Start" (This recipe is not suitable for use with the "Delay Timer" function.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack. Let cool to room temperature before slicing.