Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this quick and easy recipe in January's edition of the Paula Deen magazine. I needed a recipe to help me use up my abundance of chives in my indoor garden and this was perfect.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 3⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 3 cups baking mix (such as Bisquick)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 16 muffin tins.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; add chives and garlic and cook, 2 minutes; remove from heat. Let cool 2 minutes then whisk in buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix and cheese; add buttermilk mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pans 5 minutes.
EXCELLENT MUFFINS !! I divided the cheese 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. YES, these were savory. This was a great compliment to our breakfast for dinner tonight.