1/3 Photos of Savory Veggie Casserole
Found this online (original recipe here: http://www.genericdomain.net/--ddl/recipes/tempeh-casserole.html) and modified the recipe somewhat. Feel free to substitute out some spices or veggies. I actually haven't made this with tempeh, used a bag of partially-defrosted quorn tenders instead. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (I use tamari)
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package tempeh, diced (or use another meat substitute of your choice)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 cups cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and jarlsburg...use whatever you have on hand, or soy cheese if vegan)
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Whisk together marinade ingredients (red wine, tamari, hot sauce, spices).
- 3Add tempeh, garlic, and musrooms to marinade. Turn mixture into casserole dish (mine is 9x13). The pieces should be evenly distributed and about half-covered by marinade. Spoon out any excess marinade and combine with chopped veggies.
- 4Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- 5Mix broccoli, cauliflower, and zucchini (or whatever vegetables you're using) with reserved marinade.
- 6Add veggies and extra marinade to casserole. Distribute evenly, recover with foil, and bake for 15 minutes.
- 7After 15 minutes, veggies should be just starting to get soft.
- 8Sprinkle half the cheese over veggies, top with chopped tomatoes, and top with remaining cheese.
- 9Recover and bake 10 more minutes.
- 10Enjoy with crusty bread, rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Veggie Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.7
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 557.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 14.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: