Recipe by daisygrl64
Full of hearty ingredients and sweet savory spices. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
Top Review by Debbwl
Surprisingly flavorful. Add a nice piece of French bread and a glass of wine and you have an outstanding meal that just taste like fall itself. The blend of cabbage, onion, sausage and apple juice defiantly make this stew taste like October. Made using a Very mild and supper Low fat pork sausage, also felt the apple juice was a vital part of this recipe. Thanks so much for the post.
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, slice 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces whole tomatoes
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in 2 qt saucepan combine carrots, onions, celery and sausage. cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauage is browned and vegetables are crispy tender. pour off fat.
- meanwhile in 3 qt saucepan combine remaining ingredients. cook over low heat, stirring, until heated through.
- stir in cooked sausage and vegetables.
- continue cooking, stirring occasionally until stew is thickened.