Full of hearty ingredients and sweet savory spices. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
Make and share this Savory Vegetable Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, slice 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lb sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces whole tomatoes
- 10 3⁄4 ounces tomato soup
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- in 2 qt saucepan combine carrots, onions, celery and sausage. cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauage is browned and vegetables are crispy tender. pour off fat.
- meanwhile in 3 qt saucepan combine remaining ingredients. cook over low heat, stirring, until heated through.
- stir in cooked sausage and vegetables.
- continue cooking, stirring occasionally until stew is thickened.