Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a warm homey delicious stew that's pretty easy to make. It is great with some nice crusty bread and maybe a salad :) My meat lover mom was skeptical at first, but she loves this dish now as much as I do!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, halved (about 16 to 20)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- In a medium pot over moderate heat, saute the garlic and mushrooms in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and onion, season with salt and pepper, and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chick peas, cumin, tomatoes, and rosemary.
- Bring the stew to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Re-season with salt and pepper if desired.