Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
Now you can have your quiche and eat it to. :) This healthier version is from the Jan/Feb 2010 Weight Watchers magazine. Yummy quiche containing cottage cheese, eggs, fresh parsley and fresh thyme. Points Value: 4. Filling extra: Cook some Canadian bacon according to the package directions to serve alongside the quiche (2 slices per serving will increase the Points value by 2).
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a delicious recipe!!!! I luved how easy and quick this quiche was to prepare and how yummy it tasted! The herbs and goat cheese pair very nicely and the pureed cottage cheese makes it very creamy and custardy. Mmmm, definitely something to make over and over again! Who would have thought that something this healthy could taste that rich?! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us, Crafty Lady13! Made and reviewed for Make My Recipe June 2010.
- 1 (16 ounce) carton low fat cottage cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb low-fat goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9-inch deep-dish pie plate or shallow 1-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Puree cottage cheese and eggs in food processor. Add milk, parsley, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper; pulse just until blended. Pour into pie plat and sprinkle evenly with goat cheese. Bake until small knife inserted into center comes out clean. 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.