Recipe by mer@
Here's another turkey meatloaf recipe, but one with a twist. It's very tasty. From Gooseberry Patch's Family Favorite Recipes. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs (I used one cup, 1/2 panko, 1/2 seasoned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, cored, peeled, grated (I used granny smith)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and celery; saute about 3 minutes. Stir in thyme and sage. Cool slightly.
- Combine ground turkey, onion mixture, bread crumbs and next 6 ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Shape into a loaf; place in a greased baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for one hour. Drain drippings from pan; brush glaze over top of meat. Return to oven; bake about 10 to 15 minutes more until top is golden or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160 degrees.
- Stir together all ingredients in a bowl until brown sugar dissolves. Makes about 1/4 cup.