Recipe by cali~jenn
Fire up the grill and enjoy a flavorful burger and French-style mayonnaise without the guilt! From eatbetteramerica..... Ok, I just tried this last night and I have to say these are the best turkey burgers I have had. Hubby is a huge fan of turkey burgers and I am not so much but these were very juicy and tender and the flavor is very good. I was disappointed with the garlicky mayo since I ran out of real garlic and had to use powder. I can only imagine how good it would have been with real garlic!
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 egg white
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. In small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic. Cover; refrigerate until serving time.
- In large bowl, stir turkey, oats, soy sauce, seasoning blend, onion and egg white until well mixed. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on grill. Cook uncovered over medium heat about 15 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patty reads 165°F.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on bottom of each bun. Place burgers over mayonnaise; top with lettuce, tomatoes and top of buns.