Recipe by CIndytc
This was in the Simple & Deliscious Magazine. Would make a perfect finger tapa or appetizer. Little tarts filled with tomatoes bacon & herbs and cheese!!
Top Review by sgriffith
Delicious! I made these with some fresh tomatoes that needed to be used up. I just chopped up about 3 med tomatoes and drained them well before adding the rest of the filling ingredients. I also added a bit more basil & oregano to make up for using unseasoned tomatoes. They were easy to put together and tasted so good. I will definitely make them again.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (2 ounce) packagesfrozen mini phyllo tart shells
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- minced chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. In another bowl, combine Italian cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon tomato mixture into tart shells. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet;.
- sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chives if desired.