- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 2 ounces dry packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2⁄3 cup tepid water
- 4 cups strong white bread flour
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler to hot. Halve and seed the bell peppers, arrange on the broiler rack, and cook until skin is charred. Cool for 10 minutes, peel off the skin and chop the flesh.
- Slice the tomatoes into strips, place in a heatproof bowl, and add the boiling water. Let soak.
- Place the yeast and sugar in a small pitcher or bowl and add the water, leave for 10-15 minutes, until frothy. Sift the flour into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon dried rosemary. make a well in the center and pour in the yeast mixture. Add the tomato paste, the tomatoes and soaking liquid, the bell peppers, yogurt, and the half the salt. Mix together to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured counter for 3-4 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place in a floured bowl, cover and leave in a warm room for 40 minutes, until doubled in size. Knead the dough again and place in an ungreased 9-inch round spring form cake pan. Using a wooden spoon, form "dimples" in the surface. Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Brush with oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon of rosemary and salt. Bake for 35-40 minutes in an oven preheated to 425. Once bread has cooled release from pan.