Recipe by basia1
Great sauce, can make it while the pasta is cooking. An adaptation of a recipe from the John Robbins's "May All Be Fed".
Top Review by kokeshi doll
This is so good and it's good on so many things, as others have mentioned. I heated it and served it over angel hair pasta and vegetables and it's the kind of thing you can't stop eating. My one year old grandson loved it. Doesn't matter if you don't like tofu; it doesn't taste like tofu.
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic (peeled)