1/1 Photo of Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Couscous
A vegetarian couscous recipe I found in Vegetarian Times. I haven't had couscous with tofu or artichoke hearts before, so I'm interested in trying this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 2 medium leeks, white and light green parts thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 tsp)
- salt, to taste
- 1Combine artichokes and liquid, tofu, cumin, and 3/4 teaspoons pepper in nonsick skillet. Cook over high heat 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots, leeks, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper. Cook 10 minutes, or until carrots are tender and leets are lightly browned.
- 3Meanwhile, bring tomatoes and liquid and 2/3 cup water to a boil in saucepan. Stir in couscous, cover, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
- 4Add garlic and reserved tofu mixture to vegeable mixture in skillet. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, or until heated through and garlic is fragrant. Serve tofu and vegetables over tomato couscous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Savory Tofu and Vegetables over Tomato Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole wheat couscous