Prep 9 mins
Cook 1 min
This cheesy spread is totally customizable. Feel free to create your own version with whatever you have on hand.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 slices smoked ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Spread cream cheese onto bottom of 2 1/2 cup microwaveable dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, ham and parmesan cheese.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until heated through.
- Top spread with bell peppers, onions and cayenne pepper. Serve with crackers.
- Makes 1 1/4 cups or 10 servings, 2 T each.
- Substitute: Switch sliced jalapeno peppers, chopped roasted red peppers or salsa with any of the toppings for a different flavor combo.
Tasty little spread I made for the games this afternoon. I love the crunch of the scallions on top and the creaminess of the cheese. This is very a filling and satisfying football snack! Just a thought- this would be a great way to use of left over ham. Congrats on you football pool win and thanks for the recipe.
Nice, all-purpose spread that is easy to prepare. I topped mine with chopped roasted red pepper and pepperoncini.
Try as I might, I just could NOT get this cheese "ball" to form a ball after I microwaved it (and it was only in the microwave for 30 seconds.) At first I thought this would effect my rating...but then I tasted it and oh wowie was it good I just couldn't let it's shape count against it. This was so easy, and I was thinking that even if I can't get it into a ball, serving it in a ramiken with the bells and green onions on top would look REALLY festive for Christmas. Thanks for posting!!