Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Original description: "Such an easy recipe, but so tasty! Moist inside and crispy on top! A complete meal in one pan." (From allrecipes.com, published By: MRS.G) My notes: I was looking for a way to use leftover taco beef I had, and this came out perfectly. Publishing as I found it, but I cooked the beef first, and used leftover peas and some broccoli I had on hand. Cooked for 40 minutes, and it came out perfectly. I topped it with shredded cheddar just before serving. My girls (3 yrs and 8 yrs loved it) AND (surprisingly) so did I!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (19 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread hamburger into bottom of pan, covering entire bottom, gently tamping beef down.
- Sprinkle with diced onions.
- Layer frozen veggies as next layer.
- Cover with the soup, straight from the can, carefully spreading with spatula to cover entirely.
- Layer tater tots on top, covering entire top with tots.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for 1 hour, or until hamburger is done.
- Check after 30 minutes; if tater tots are getting too brown, turn oven down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).